Second Junior Research Workshop in Bonn
The second Non-PI workshop takes place
from October 3rd to October 5th, 2007
at the AIfA
in Bonn directly after the annual meeting of the TR33
in Bad Honnef. Junior Researchers are strongly encouraged to participate and register for both
Aim of the meeting
The meeting is intended for non-PI's involved in the Dark Universe research projects. The idea is to encourage the junior researchers to learn more about the topics of the transregio, meet other members and discuss their own projects within the network and start new collaborations.
Results & Downloads
The report of the meeting, a list of participants and downloads can be found here
Please subscribe before
July 31st 2007
on the registration
-webpage. In case you did not receive an email with the registration password, please mail to J.Pielorz (firstname.lastname@example.org
The registration fee
for the meeting is 65,- EUR for people from outside Bonn and 0,- EUR for local people. It includes lunches at the MPI cantine, the coffee breaks and the social dinner on Thursday. The fees are calculated such that the social dinner and the lunch is paid for all participants and have to be paid in cash at the meeting in Bonn on Thursday morning.
Wednesday, October 3rd:
- 14:00 - 16:00 Afternoon session of the annual TRR33 meeting
- 16:00 - 16:30 Coffee break
- 16:30 - 16:40 Introduction to the meeting: goals and programme
- 16:40 - 17:00 Summary of the first workshop in Munich
- 17:00 - 18:30 Talks by the new participants*
Please note that the sessions of the first day will not
be held in Bonn, but they will still be at the Physikzentrum in Bad Honnef, where the PI-Meeting takes place from Oct. 1st to Oct. 3rd, which you are also strongly encouraged to attend.
* New participants are encouraged to give a 5 minute talk in order to introduce themselves and their work. The suggested format of the talk is described below.
Thursday, October 4th:
- 09:00 - 09:45 Registration
- 09:45 - 10:00 Welcome at AIfA?
- 10:00 - 11:00 Discussion Session 1 + Lecture by Prof. Drees
- 11:00 - 11:30 Coffee Break
- 11:30 - 13:00 Discussion Session 2 + Lecture by Prof. Drees
- 13:00 - 14:00 Lunch
- 14:00 - 15:30 Discussion Session 3
- 15:30 - 16:00 Coffee break
- 16:00 - 17:30 Discussion Session 4
- 20:00 - ??? Social Dinner
| Parallel Sessions |
| Discussion Session 1 || Lecture by Prof. Drees || Clusters || CMB+SNe |
| Discussion Session 2 || Lecture by Prof. Drees || Shapes || LSS Sim. |
| Discussion Session 3 || Dark (matter + energy) || Statistics || Clusters |
| Discussion Session 4 || Dark (matter + energy) || LSS Sim. || Photo-z |
Friday, October 5th:
- 09:00 - 10:30 Discussion Session 5
- 10:30 - 11:00 Coffee break
- 11:00 - 12:00 Discussions Session 6
- 12:00 - 12:30 Summary and planning of the next meeting(s)
- 12:45 - 13:30 Lunch (for those who want to stay)
| Parallel Sessions |
| Discussion Session 5 || Dark (matter + energy) || Statistics || Shapes |
| Discussion Session 6 || Dark (matter + energy) || CMB+SNe || Photo-z |
New participants talks:
In order to make things easier, please stick to the following format. You can also have a look at the 5 minute talks of the first meeting here
. Please send your presentations in pdf-format to Holger Israel (email@example.com
) before September, 30th
- Slide 1: Full Name, Picture of your face (mandatory), Institute,
TR33 Project and your PI, your favorite hobby (mandatory)
- Slide 2: What you and your group want to achieve...
- Slide 3: What you have done right now...
- Slide 4: What is your next step/goal...
- Slide 5: If you have a problem, present it and ask for help
Use landscape format and please, if possible, write in black on white
background and use as few formulas as possible (forget about details, focus on the
concepts, and remember that the audience goes from theoreticians to
Hotels (Bed & Breakfast)
We made the following provisional reservations: 25 single and 10 double rooms in the CJD and 10 double rooms in the Hotel Europa. Please make the reservation for the hotel yourself as soon as possible but before July, 31st
, otherwise we cannot guarantee you a reservation! Also mention "TR33" in your email in order to get the cheaper price.
Both hotels can be reached with the tram 61 (direction Auerberg
) from the main station in Bonn. For the Hotel Europa
get off after 2 minutes at the stop Stadthaus
; for the CJD
leave the tram at the stop Innenministerium
after 14 minutes. Further information and a map can be found on the webpages of the hotels.
The Argelander Institute for Astronomy (AIfA?
), where the Thursday and Friday sessions will be held, can be reached best by bus from the main station. Detailed travel information can be found here
Please feel free to make suggestions on the program or other related topics on the internal discussion page
- 21 May 2007