The registration deadline is 15th October 2016
Register using the registration form
Please note that we will accept a limited
number of participants (40).
There is a registration fee of ¤60 per person
, to be paid by bank transfer to the school's account upon confirmation of acceptance. We will send the appropriate details at that stage.
If you need a visa
to attend the school and require an official invitation letter, we recommend you to contact us as soon as you have confirmation of acceptance and definitely before October 1st
- The TRR-33 will cover all travel expenses including the hotel and the registration fee, through the normal TRR33 travel funding of your group: ask your PI for permission
- TRR-33 will NOT cover the food & beverage expenses (outside the hotel) because of DFG regulations. The only possibility for reimbursement of these expenses is through your local institute (university) funds. Ask your PI!
- Unfortunately, we will not be able to provide financial support to students this year. Please arrange for your own funding through your institution.
Location & accommodation
The school will take place in Passo del Tonale, Italy.
Student participants will be grouped in double rooms. There is no single room option.
You don't have to book by yourself as we have already arranged for the rooms.
Student participants will pay directly at the hotel. (Only those who require a VISA are asked to pay in advance).
| Double room: || ¤47 + ¤1 city tax (per person per day for the half board option) |
| full board supplement: || ¤8 per day |
- Wi-Fi access will be available in the hotel lobby and lounge/bar although it can be somewhat unreliable. One card with five hours of internet access will be included in the participation fee. Further cards will be available for purchase at the hotel.
You can reach Trento by train from Verona (about 1h), Venezia Marco Polo (about 2.30 h), or Innsbruck (about 3h).
We will provide
a bus from Trento train station to Tonale at about 7pm on Sunday, Dec 11th. Please arrive by 18:30 if you intend to use the bus and wait inside Trento main station (look for the TRR33 Winterschool sign)
If your train/flight is delayed please contact the organizers.
After the school on Friday, Dec 16th, there will be a bus transfer Tonale-Trento, arriving at the train station at about 1pm
: the cost of the bus transfer is NOT included in the registration fee. The actual cost will depend on how many people request the bus transfer, but should come to approximately ¤20. You can pay this together with the participation fee.
If you miss the bus or arrive on a different day
, you can reach Tonale this way:
- Close to Trento FSS Station, there is the Trentino Trasporti Station (very close, just beside): take a little train from Trento to Malè (you can buy the ticket at the station).
- From Malè take a bus to Tonale (the bus stop is outside Malè station, the ticket can be bought at the station). Malè is 30 km from Tonale.
Please check the time schedule of the train and bus between Trento and Malè:
Note that a taxi Trento - Tonale directly is quite expensive (~¤150).
In order to find the most convenient connections to Venezia Marco Polo, Verona or Innsbruck you can visit the websites:
You can then check the railway connections between the airports and Trento at Trenitalia
or Duetsche Bahn
The nearest airports are:
- Orio al Serio, Milano-Bergamo, about 130 km from Tonale,
- Brescia Montichiari, about 140 km from Tonale,
- Verona Valerio Catullo, about 160 km from Tonale,
- Innsbruck (Austria), about 180 km from Tonale,
- Milano Linate, about 200 km from Tonale,
- Venezia Marco Polo about 325 km from Tonale.
- Both from south or north:
- Take road SS12 `del Brennero' or motorway A22 until San Michele all'Adige.
- From there (80 km to Passo del Tonale) take road SS43 and then SS42 direction Passo del Tonale.
- From west:
- Take the motorway A4 Milano-Venezia until Ospitaletto.
- Then follow Lago d'Iseo - Valle Camonica (SS42), direction via Tonale della Mendola.
- From east:
- Take motorway A4 Milano-Venezia until Seriate
- Take the SS42/via Nazionale, follow Lovere - Valle Camonica, direction via Tonale della Mendola.
- It is easy to reach Trento by train from Northern Italy, Austria, and Southern Germany. Check the railway connections at Trenitalia or Deutsche Bahn.
Skiing and other activities
If you would like to go skiing during the breaks, the hotel offers a skipass for the following prices:
- 2 days: 50 ¤
- 3 days: 58 ¤
- 4 days: 65 ¤
- 5 days: 72 ¤
valid for Tonale, Ponte di Legno and Temù (100km paths). These prices are guaranteed only if you subscribe in advance
so that we can add you to the list.
Skipass SUPERSKIRAMA ADAMELLO-BRENTA
- 3 days: 82 ¤
- 4 days: 93 ¤
- 5 days: 100 ¤
If you choose the full-board catering, the hotel will be able to prepare a packed lunch for you instead of the sit-down meal, should you wish to take it with you to the mountain.
Link to the ski area
Link to a high-resolution ski map
Below you can also find more information on further activities available at Tonale. The following information was provided by Tonale tourist information centre (located next to the conference hall).
- Nightly snowshoeshike by moonlight with an alpine guide who explains the starry sky, the nature and history of the region. For information and reservation firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sleddog: sledging hauled by husky dogs. Sleddog school organizes courses of 3 or 4 hours; www.scuolaitalianasleddog.it email@example.com
- The is a swimming pool near Passo del Tonale, in Ponte di Legno(10km). It is open from Monday to Thursday from 11 am to 9 pm and on Saturnday and Sunday from 3 pm to 8 pm.
- In Tonale there is a rink near Hotel Savoia, open daily from 10am to 11 pm.
Yashar Akrami, Daniele Bertacca, Santiago Casas, Matteo Maturi, Ana Mikler, Valeria Pettorino, Emilio Romano-Díaz, Javier Rubio, Georg Wolschin.